Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolutions

I am one of those people who actually make "resolutions" for the new year. I like the idea of new beginnings. I know that each and every day is a new beginning, but I especially enjoy that one year is over and a new one is beginning. I love (and fear) the mystery of a new year and the joys (and possibly griefs) it will bring with it.

This year I have quite a few "resolutions". I don't know that I will accomplish each one successfully, but there is something about putting them in writing that makes me at least think about them once in a while. If we don't set some types of goals for ourselves and reach for them, we will never go anywhere.

1. I resolve to be more aware of my health. (this is the easy way to say I should be watching what I eat, exercising, ending bad habits that contribute to poor health, etc.)
2. I resolve to be a better mom. (I'm not bad now, but there is always room for improvement)
3. I resolve to TRY to be more organized. (I can organize a party or activity...but if you look at my desk at school and the PILES of papers, books, etc on the floor surrounding my desk, you would never believe that I can even spell "organize")
4. I resolve to "not sweat the small stuff". (This one also covers a magnitude of issues. )
5. I resolve to love unconditionally.
6. I resolve to live daily in a way that people recognize Christ in me without my having to actually say so. (There's really something to be said when you tell someone you're a Christian and they look at you with a surprised look on their face. )
7. I resolve to be more positive. (I come from a long line of complainers, whiners and "the glass is half empty" kind of people. It's REALLY NOT hereditary!)
8. I resolve to not be broke a week before payday. (I resolved that as I looked at my EMPTY bank account and wallet this morning.)
9. I resolve to think about myself once in a while. (I have a tendency to take care of everyone around me, expecting the same in return...sometimes, you just have to think about yourself.)
10. I resolve to do something this year that I've never done before. (don't know what that will be, but can't wait to find out)


OK, there are a few dozen more goals that I would like to achieve, but I'll stop there.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Those are great resolutions! I hope you're able to keep them :)

http://lspoon.wordpress.com