Friday, February 22, 2008

Where did it go?

I wrote a really good blog the other day...too bad I didn't save it. I pushed the "publish post" button and got some message about something being down. (techno lingo...I don't get it) Anyway, the post disappeared somewhere out in "blog-land" and now I don't even remember what it was about. Probably had to do with ALL that I was going to get done during Mid-winter break. Maybe it's a good thing that it didn't get published. So far I have done a lot of NOTHING during mid-winter break. Now, here it is, the last three days and I have about 6 days worth of work to do.

This is all part of my new years resolution (remember those?) to not sweat the small stuff. This is actually BIG stuff...but I'm not going to sweat it. I have to put together 4 weeks worth of stuff for school. No biggie (she says with more than a hint of sarcasm in her voice). Actually, when I get on a roll, I can get it done. I'm in the midst of a roll now and have to stop to go have brunch with ex-roomie. Hopefully I won't come back home ready for a nap...but instead, inspired to write lesson plans that will inspire 120 students who are actually going to be counting the days until spring break.

I spent the last 2 days on the other side of the mountain...went to Yakima to watch our girls basketball team play at State Tournaments. It was fun to be there to cheer them on. If they win again this morning, they are guaranteed 8th or 5th in State. That's pretty cool for a team that has NEVER won at state at all before. It was fun to see our kids rally around other teams in our league who are usually the opposition. We all just want to see teams from our league make it big over there. Our cheerleaders even stepped in for a small tribal school that doesn't have it's own cheerleaders. They got in front of their crowd (mixed with a lot of our crowd) and led cheers during a double overtime game. The team we were cheering for won and we like to think that we helped somehow.

So, off to brunch and then back to the books.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I wish I had this illusive thing called mid winter break. I definitely need one!