Monday, February 4, 2008

Whoosh

That's the sound my weekend made as it zipped past me. Where did it go? Saturday I had the whole day ahead of me with no plans, no basketball games...just me, my lesson plans and a messy house. I think I actually slept in until 8:30. Somehow it was noon before I got around to the house cleaning. I figured if I did that first I would be ready to get to the lesson plans. I did actually accomplish something there...rearranged my room, thoroughly cleaned Zack's room and made the rest of the house passable. I decided at 6:00 pm to watch a movie while I ate dinner and then get to the lesson plans. I ended up finding a 2 part movie (about Sally Hemmings the slave/mistress of Thomas Jefferson) so it didn't end until 10:00. At that point I decided to go to bed and get up early.

I actually got up at 5:30 Sunday morning and worked hard on lesson plans until time to leave for church. I came home, worked another couple of hours, made an appetizer, and left for a Super Bowl party. At the party, I ate as if I would not see food for a few days...cheered on the Giants (no reason, just picked the underdog), picked up Zack, and came home to work a few more hours on, you guessed it, lesson plans. I didn't finish until 2:00 am! The bad news is, I have each class covered until Wednesday. Sometime in the next couple of days I actually have to figure out what to do in 4 separate subjects on Thursday and Friday!

Zack went to bed mad at me. Why? Because I don't want him to get a tattoo while he's with his Dad in Oregon during mid-winter break. I really believe EX sets me up for this stuff. He wants to ensure that Zack and I have something to fight about. He (EX) doesn't see the reason that Zack can't get one since in Oregon a kid can get a tattoo with his parents' permission. I'm sorry. I'm not really anti-tattoo (except when there is more tattoo than actual skin)...but he's 14. I can't control his mind, but surely I can still control what he does to his body.

This week is going to be crazy. Wednesday is the ONLY night this week that we will actually be home before 10:00. 3 basketball games and an Open House. But, there's light at the end of the rainbow. Two weeks from today I will be sleeping in and looking forward to a week off. I'm not leaving this house until I have all my lesson plans done for the rest of the quarter, as well as every box unpacked and put away.

Somebody remind me in two weeks that I said that.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

You can do it! Think of how satisfying your weekends will be with no lesson plans! :)

http://lspoon.wordpress.com