Monday, January 28, 2008

SNOW DAY

This has to be one of the top ten pleasures in life. Waking up at the usual 4:45 am and finding about 3 inches of new snow on the ground. Now in some areas of the country, it would be a typical winter morning...but in the great Pacific Northwest it means a SNOW DAY. I turned on the news and watched with anticipation and sure enough...no school today! And I hate to take credit...but this was another answer to prayer.

Friday was the last day of the semester. Tomorrow is the first day of the new semester. I have two new classes this semester (Civics and 10th grade English). I am not prepared for either one. I had a busy weekend...basketball games Thursday night (Zack scored 15 points, by the way), Friday night and Saturday (from 2:00 until 9:00). After church yesterday I went to a friend's house to do laundry ( I MUST get a working wash machine) and graded papers while I washed and waited. Came home at 9 and continued grading until 2:00 AM. I HAD to get them done. As I was heading off to bed, I heard the weather saying there MIGHT be some precipitation between then and Tuesday. I whispered a prayer, "Please let it be tomorrow". THANKS GOD!

So, I will now record all the grades I graded and have time to plan some lessons for this week. I might even get a couple more boxes unpacked while I'm at it! And all of this will be done in sweats. What could be better?

Have a great week.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Sweet! I love answered prayers!

http://lspoon.wordpress.com