Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blah

Is blah really a word? Right now all I know is that it's a feeling. It seems like I have a pattern of getting the blahs every year about this time. I'm not depressed...but feel right on the edge of depression. I don't feel a lot to be excited about. I feel overwhelmed. I feel like crawling back into bed, pulling up the covers and just hanging out there a few days. I don't feel social...I don't feel successful...at anything. The list goes on.

In previous years I felt like I had a reason. This year I really don't. God has blessed me so much this past year. So, right now I feel guilty along with "blah".

Guess I have to give myself permission to not be "up" all the time. I know that what I'm feeling is a mixture of after-holiday letdown, end of semester pressure, and a lot of "I can't wait until spring" anxiety. So, I'm human. God doesn't say that everyday is going to be sunny and bright. He doesn't say that I have to be Miss Cheerful all the time.

This weekend (a 3 day), Zack is with his Dad and I'm going to take care of me. I still have boxes to unpack...but they've waited this long. I'm going to sleep in, maybe stay in my pj's all day Saturday, and just generally have a really lazy day. I even heard rumors that the sun may come out this weekend. (It really doesn't do that a lot in the Pacific Northwest during the month of January.) Hopefully that will help.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I'm sorry you've got a case of the blahs. I hope your lazy Saturday will cure it!

http://lspoon.wordpress.com