Thursday, June 26, 2008

Still in the weeds

Ok, I actually spent 3 hours (off and on) trying to cut the huge weeds that I would like to call a yard. I don't even have a quarter of the front yard done...but the summer lies ahead of me (and Zack...my 14 year old...gets home from camp tomorrow). I started to get discouraged after working and not getting much done. Then I realized that it takes a long time to get ourselves in these weeds...why do we think in one afternoon we can get them cleared from our lives?

That's how life is. It took me years to become overweight...I'm not going to get thin overnight. It took me months to stack up all the disorganization in this house...I'm not going to organize in one day. Etc. Etc. I just have to plug along...that's what life's all about.

Today I'm taking a DAY OFF with a really good friend. Jimi and I are going 20 miles to her lake house (on a very small lake). It's going to be just us...eating, giggling, fishing, and just relaxing! I'm not going to think about my house or my yard or anything else hanging over my head right now. I'm going to enjoy a beautiful day by the lake with a really great friend.

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Ooh your day sounds wonderful. I wish I could go to the lake today :)


http://lspoon.wordpress.com