Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day beforeThanksgiving

5 days OFF! Gee, what will I do with all that time? Hmmmm, lesson plans? Yeah. Grading papers? Yeah. Packing and getting ready to move? Yeah. Cooking a small Thanksgiving dinner to go with the room-mates' prime rib? Yeah. Laundry? Yeah. Getting Zack back and forth to basketball practice? Yeah.

OK, well, I really do have 5 days off. I have a lot to do...but when I'm "off" I can do it when I want to. My goal is not to save 90% of it to do until Sunday afternoon and evening.

This morning I'm off to Goodwill, Value Village, and a couple other thrift stores...I don't think I'll find beds, but still need an entertainment center and a living room chair or love seat. I'm not ashamed to shop there...if someone were to ask my decorating style, I would say "early Grandma's attic". I like old things. They can't be dirty to too damaged...they have to have character. I get excited when I find something really cheap, yet with character and little need for repair. They built things better in the old days!

Later today I will post my "annual" Thanksgiving thanks list. *This will actually be the FIRST annual since I didn't have a blog last year....just wanted to set the anticipatory mood.

Gotta get going and get the shopping adventure underway!

No comments: