Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Turkey Has Landed

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I enjoyed cooking and eating. This has been a busy weekend and still have a lot left to do before it is over.

I was planning on posting all the things I am thankful for this morning. (and there really are a lot of things)...but the "turkey" landed on us last night.

Ex and I have an "every other year" parenting plan for holidays. This is Ex's year. However, a couple of weeks ago he called and said that he had decided to go to Vegas over the holiday and Zack could stay home. He flew back into town yesterday. Anyway, Zack and I didn't think as we made our plans for the weekend that Ex would be having him at his house for the rest of the weekend. Zack has had basketball practice every day (except Thursday) and was planning on going again this morning. They have their first game on Tuesday. (For those of you who don't know, he made 1st string on the JV team.) Well, we couldn't have a completely nice weekend now, could we?

Ex called last night at about 10 pm. He set us up with a test and we didn't pass. He asked what Zack was doing today. I told him he had practice and then was going to come home and help me do some things and then had plans with friends tonight. WRONG ANSWER! Ex flipped out...said this was his weekend and it was "nice" that I made plans for Zack without even checking with him. The phone calls kept up until about 1:00 am. He was ranting and raving about the fact that Zack didn't even call him to wish him a Happy Thanksgiving. He doesn't take into account that HE gave up his time with Zack to go to Vegas. Anyway, long story short...not much sleep last night AND he showed up here at 7:30 am to pick Zack up and make sure that he DIDN'T get to go to practice this morning. Zack is now fearing that he won't get to play on Tuesday because he missed a practice.

This is the time I kick myself for ever bringing Zack out here to live. We came here so that he could have a relationship with his Dad. I was hoping Ex would be a better father than husband. Nope, as a matter of fact, he's a worse father than husband. I was an adult and though it took me awhile, I eventually realized that it was his problems and not really mine. I don't know if Zack is getting that yet. I know he's in pain and I feel responsible.

As he left this morning I hugged him and whispered in his ear, "don't let him win". Say a quick prayer for him this morning. I know he could use it.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

GRR! I want to kick your ex. Kick him hard. :)

http://lspoon.wordpress.com