Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What's my combination?

Remember the dream about being "underclothed" and standing in the hall at high school trying to remember your combination? The more you turn the dial...the further away from the real combination you are. Your heart is pounding, your palms are sweating...the bell is about to ring and you are standing there in the hall in your birthday suit or granny underwear. Aaaugh!

This is the time of year I start getting that feeling... all the time. I guess it's the stress of the upcoming holidays. They are supposed to be a time of family and fun and love and instead they are a time of: no money, Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas cards--no one knows my address, no money, gifts, mailing gifts, no money, decorations, tree, holiday activities, no money....

So, add to that...moving in three weeks...and creating lesson plans, grading papers, doing laundry (how do 2 people use that many clothes?), figuring out meals, making lunches..I think you are getting my drift.

The good news, I don't need meditation or medication...just need to stay in prayer and keep things fresh with God. He'll get me through, help me find the JOY and keep those creative juices flowing. He'll help me remember the combination if I keep trusting Him.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Yes! I think my lost feelings are upcoming holiday related. Bah!




http://lspoon.wordpress.com