Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Theme of my year

It's funny, when I chose the name of my blog I really didn't realize it would become a theme. I mean, I know that as a Christian, I am always still in the planning stages of my life. I'm always preparing for the next test, or for the next person whom I can help through the "wisdom of my own experience", etc. Anyway, the theme just keeps on.

I went to see the new house. Now, in case you don't know this about me, I have always been the person who can look at the lump of coal and see the diamond inside. (Diamonds and coal really don't have anything to do with each other, do they?) I saw this in my ex-husband...and married the lump of coal anyway (should have waited for the diamond to make an appearance)...Anyway, the house is similar to a lump of coal. It was built in the 1920's and I don't think the lawn has had anything done to it since then. Right now there does not appear to be grass surrounding the house, but instead briers, weeds, and possibly wheat. The inside of the house is in several stages of work. The basement is large and has a work area (with w/d hook-up), an extra room, and a separate pantry area. However, it is missing several windows (which the owner says will be replaced) and vines have grown through the open spaces and into the area. I'm also wondering what types of small (or large) animals may have come through those same holes. The kitchen is small, but will serve it's purpose...just as soon as they replace the track lighting for regular lights. The attic (which will be Zack's room) was stripped to the bare wood...but the owner was working on that when we got there the other night. It will be a nice space for Zack (my friends who will help move will hate me though when we start moving things up through those tiny stairs.) The two bedrooms downstairs...well, my bed will fit in one...the smaller one will serve as a closet/office. I'm not even going to venture a guess as to why there are 3 large hooks hanging in what will be my bedroom. I will merely find some cool lamps and plants to hang from them.

The point is...I see a gem there. I see the potential in what it will look like with a chair here, a rug there, a flower bed under the picture window. It's got character...cute little fireplace and mantle in the living room...walls curve into the ceiling (everything is stucco). I'm excited about living there (though to be honest, dreading moving again). The house will be up for sale after the first of the year. It could go in a month...or it could take a year.

The point is...the house and my life are still in the planning stages. I don't know what the final product will look like, but it's exciting trusting God through the whole process.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I wish that it were truly your house though. I hate to think of all the wonderful things I know you will put your hard earned time, energy, and money into only for someone to come along and fall in love with the house b/c of the things you did to make it wonderful.

I guess I wish I had your faith. :)



http://lspoon.wordpress.com