Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm running out of catchy titles

Wow! Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! How can that be? I promise, sometime between now and then I'll tell you all that I am thankful for.

We've had a rather interesting few days here at the homefront. I love being a mother...most of the time, but there's not a book out there with everything you need to know (besides the Bible, of course). After all the years I've worked with teenagers, I often look at my own and know that we all need help sometimes. Can't go into details, but the final outcome of this past weekend is that Zack no longer has computer or cell phone privileges. He is going through WITHDRAWAL. I also want to warn anyone who's kid is on Myspace...there are places they can hide what they are doing. I have had access to his Myspace since we allowed him to use it...but stuff was hidden somehow. His Dad (who always seems to expect the worst) put spyware on his computer and ...well, that's all I will say on the subject. (Except that I must add, I HATE when he's right.) But I went through a weekend of feeling like I'm not passing this course (parenthood) with flying colors. Opened up a lot of great conversation and a bit of pouting here and there...but that's to be expected. Discipline is never easy for any of us...the givers, the receivers, etc.

One day he will realize he was truly loved and protected...of course, I'll be 80 years old by then. (smile)

I reminded him that no matter what, I love him and God loves him. In reminding him of this I was reminded that no matter what...my ability to whine and complain about everything, my lack of discipline (eating, smoking, etc.), my lack of faith, etc....God still loves me too.

During all of that "stuff", room-mate's 10 year old and 8 year old had a birthday party sleepover. 8 little boys above my head most of the weekend. It wasn't too bad until the bat flew into the living room through the chimney. I was sleeping, but the blood curdling screams woke me up. (the screams came from room-mate's boyfriend). She chased the bat out of the front window with a broom while he held up a towel (mostly around his head) so that the bat wouldn't fly down the hall. (yeah, right) It was funny.

Moving day is coming quickly...YIKES!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Oh wow! I hope Zach learns his lesson!

Speaking of bats. I was visiting my sister yesterday and as I was leaving she pointed to the dark objects above my head and said "Did you see our bats?"

Needless to say I screamed bloody murder and ran to my car :)

http://lspoon.wordpress.com