Monday, March 26, 2007

Anticipation

Remember how slow time went when you were a kid? The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas seemed to last FOREVER! The month before my birthday would just DRAG!!

That's how I'm feeling this week. I have 2 special events coming up and I already feel like this week is going to last forever.

On Friday I'm leaving for the Renaissance Women's Retreat at Falls Creek Retreat Center in Raymond, WA. 2 nights and 2 days of giggling, talking, eating, playing, and being blessed by God! I'm excited about what He has in store for me during the upcoming weekend.

We get back on Sunday afternoon and I have a job interview on Monday (April 2). This could be THE ONE! After 5 years of submitting applications and having only 6 interviews (2 of which I actually got, but they were temporary positions), I had decided that teaching just wasn't in God's plans for me anymore. But 2 weeks ago I got a letter from a Christian high school that I had applied to previously. They now have an open position for next school year and they were asking me if I wanted to apply again. I didn't hesitate...got the application in and now I'm scheduled for an interview. I'm excited! Again, it's all about God and my openness to His plans for me.

No comments: