Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Rejection

Yesterday was a "rejection" day. I have been seeking permanent, full time employment for 4 years now. In yesterday's mail I got, not one, not two, but THREE written rejections to applications that I have recently sent out. They are all very polite..."Thank you for your recent application...blah blah blah...those who went on in the application process were more highly qualifiied." It hurts. I know that I am highly qualified for each and every job I apply for, and yet...rejection. That little negative voice in my head says, "you're too old...maybe you qualify to be a door greeter at Walmart". It's hard to pray a prayer of thanks at that point. But, I do.

I thank God that He is faithful. He has plans for me! Those jobs weren't His plan. While I'm feeling rejected by the world, my Father opens His arms and gives me a hug. He will never reject me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Each rejection is one step closer to what God has for you and your life. I know it's hard and my prayers are with you.

Keep your chin up!

Garrett Frazier said...

I have been where you are. I have spent many years of my life looking for work and opened the mail looking for acceptance only to find rejection. All to say I agree with what Scot has to say, "each rejection is one step closer to God."