Friday, March 30, 2007

Retreat

Friday is finally here. The long anticipated ladies retreat...complete with lots of food, giggles, games, karaoke, hot tub...and spiritual refreshment. I don't really know anything about the speaker (Angela Howard)...but I'm sure God is going to use her in many ways this weekend. I think I read that she is going to be talking about "self image"... I always need to be reminded about loving and taking care of myself.

Of course, nothing seems to come without some kind of "trauma" attached. Mine came at 10:00 last night when we discovered Sammi (our dog) couldn't walk up the stairs. She had been perfectly fine all day, but it was obvious that she was in pain. I'm more like my Dad was than I sometimes like to admit. I figure if I can't afford to take myself to the doctor, I'm sure not taking the dog...but her eyes were so sad and Zack's eyes were so sad. Off to the 24 hour vet we went. We got home 3 hours later with over $300 worth of x-rays, medicine, and no diagnosis. (would you believe they charged me $4 because she pooped on the floor? Called it "biohazardous clean-up".) Had to get up this morning and find someone willing to come over during the weekend and giver her the pills. Everything worked out and I'm just a few hours from leaving.

Have a great weekend...I know I'm going to.

No comments: