Thursday, March 22, 2007

Faith

If I could put my faith into physical form, and it were the size of a mustard seed, I could say to a mountain, "move" and it would move. Here's how that scenario would work for me:

I believe God can move that mountain. It's a big mountain, but I've got a big God. I wonder how He's actually going to do it? Maybe an earthquake or volcano? People would call that nature, but I would KNOW that God did it...because I have faith! That really is a big mountain. Maybe He doesn't want to move it. Maybe He likes it right where He put it in the first place. Maybe I shouldn't be testing God. Maybe He'll be mad at me for testing Him and my whole week will be screwed. Ok, I'll change my request. 'God, IF IT'S YOUR WILL, please move that mountain. I know that You can do it, if it's Your will. I have faith!'
There, now if it doesn't move, it's because God didn't want it moved, not because I don't have enough faith. It's gonna move though, I believe it. Yikes, that is really a big mountain. Where is my shovel?


I'm thinking I still need work in the area of "faith". It's a good thing God is patient.

No comments: