Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fine Dining

This morning I read in Psalm 113 that God wants to take us out of the dust and ashes and seat us with princes. My prayer was, "God, I don't care about sitting with princes, but thanks for being there to take me out of the dust and ashes." I've been thinking about that this morning.

My room-mate is taking me out to dinner tonight at a "fine dining" restaurant. I am more of an Applebee's girl. Take me someplace where I can wear my jeans and tennis shoes. So, why don't I think I will enjoy "fine dining"? My first thought is that I won't look like everyone else. I don't have the fancy haircut, makeup, clothes, jewels, etc. that give the "jet set" a different look. If I'm honest, it has to do with my self-image, doesn't it? For some reason I don't feel good enough to be there. It's nothing that has been done to me, because I haven't even been there yet...it all has to do with how I feel about myself.

It's the same way with my response to the Psalm this morning. God wants to sit me with princes! He believes I'm worthy! I need a change of attitude. I need to know that I am worthy of "fine dining" because I'm a child of the King!!!

No comments: