Thursday, April 12, 2007

Baseball Season

It's baseball season. I'm not really a big fan. I watch approximately 2 major league games per year....one when we go to Mariner stadium (at least once a season), and then I usually watch the final game of the World Series. However, I've an avid Zack fan. This is his 9th year playing. My Dad insisted that I sign him up right after seeing him shave his legs with his Little Tyke shaving kit. I guess Dad figured Zack needed a little more masculine influence in his life.

That first year they played T-ball. Zack's head came to the coach's belt buckle. T-ball was really the most fun to watch. Our league played less than a mile from the Charleston International Airport. Every time a plane flew over, didn't matter what was happening in the game...all heads went up. One little boy would hit the ball and then walk immediately to the dugout. Another would only run to where his Dad was, so his Dad was on 3rd base, that's where he ran to. The coaches son actually laid down on third base once...he was carried off by the coach.

They aren't as cute anymore...but it's still a lot of fun.

No comments: