Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Retreat Review

The weekend retreat was wonderful. Great food, great games, great giggle-fests...and a great message. Angela Howard was our retreat speaker. She had a lot of inspiring things to say. Her main focus was God's love for us. I really can't fathom that depth of love, but I want begin understanding it more.

Angela asked us to consider what we think about ourselves when we look in the mirror. Then she told us to think about what God thinks of us and put those attributes in our minds instead of our own thoughts. During an alone time, I started listing the things I think about myself...I see a lot more negative than positive. Then I started to try to list what God sees. This was the wake-up point. I had to think hard to even imagine God thinking good things about me. I have to change that. Of course He knows my failings, my faults, my shortcomings...but THAT is not what He sees. He sees beyond that. He sees His child...one that He loves unconditionally. This is truly a concept that I want to apply to my life.

No comments: