Thursday, April 5, 2007

Patience

I'm really not patient. I've actually had people compliment me on my patience...what they don't know is that it's not patience, it's control. I don't show it on the outside, but on the inside I'm counting hours, minutes, seconds...wanting to scream "NOW". And I've definitely learned not to pray for patience. Like anything else, practice makes perfect and I don't want a season of "practicing". We even made a joke about it while I was in Bible college. If someone was getting on our nerves, we would threaten them by telling them we were going to pray that God would teach them patience.

I'm being facetious (big word for joking). God's going to teach us patience whether we ask or not. Waiting to find out about the job I interviewed for could make me crazy. I know there are a lot of people out there praying for me, but it's still hard to wait. This morning I found this verse:

"Let us hold fast for the confession of our hope without wavering,
for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

I will continue waiting and praying...even if this isn't the job He has planned for me...He who promised is faithful.

No comments: