Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Prayer

Father,

Yesterday changed the lives of many people. Over 30 families are now facing the loss of someone they loved. The lives of those who survived the trauma of the shootings will never be the same. Please touch them with Your healing hand. Comfort the families who lost someone. Spread Your peace and comfort over the campus.

I pray for those in the area who are serving You. Help them as they prepare to comfort and counsel those who will come to them. Help them as they share Your love and again, Your comfort. Give them extra money for coffee and other supplies. Give them the words that they need to comfort and help those who come to them.

I don't know how people survive without You. As long as You are part of my life, I don't have to live each day in fear. Thank You for that. I don't want to worry everytime Zack goes out the door. I know that You are holding him in Your hands.

You can take this situation and turn it into triumph. Please help me to open up my heart to ways I can share Your love and forgiveness with others.

Help me to live my life without regrets.

No comments: