Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Jim Sorenson

Jim was the first one to call me when I took charge of the Katrina family that our church adopted. I remember him saying that he and Kim wanted to help in any way that they could. As we spoke, he explained that he was recovering from cancer and wasn't able to work, so he had a lot of time on his hands.

He's struggled with the affects of cancer for 4 years. Yesterday his struggle ended. I will miss his sweet smile and sense of humor. I will miss his guitar on Sunday mornings. I will miss his constant words of encouragement. He never failed to greet me, hug me or grasp my hand, ask me how things were going...no matter what discomfort he may have been in. I rejoice that he is no longer in pain and that he is now with our Father.

Please pray for his wife (Kim) and his 2 daughters...one is 16 and the other is 11. Even with the assurance that Jim is in Heaven, it will be hard for them to adjust to his not being here.

No comments: