Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Communication

True communication is not always easy. I'm rarely at a loss for words. As a matter of fact, I can talk, and talk, and talk (hey, I see you shaking your head)...but sometimes even I find it difficult to really communicate. The past couple of days I have begun communicating with someone who is really not easy to communicate with. We speak at and to each other a lot, but it's been a long time since we actually communicated. It takes more than talking, it takes a lot of listening too...and not to just what is being said. Let's face it, it can be arduous, emotional work. However, the end result can be really worth it.

I talk to God. I pray. I give thanks. I complain. I whine. (the latter two probably more than the first two) But again, I am reminded that I don't always stop and listen. Some really know when God is speaking to them...I don't always hear when He is speaking to me...or mabe I hear, but I don't listen.

Hmmmm.

No comments: