Monday, June 4, 2007

Worry

I come from a long line of worriers. I spent the whole week last week waiting and worrying about a phone call that never came. The worry that I allowed myself to feel seriously made my week miserable. When I find myself worrying about something (whether it's a phone call, financial problems, etc.) it takes my focus off of the good things in my life.

The phone call still hasn't come. I have called there daily and the last I heard on Friday was that he has been so busy with end of year school things that he has not even had time to do anything with my application file. I don't know if that means he hasn't called references, or looked at my educational file, or what. As far as I know it means he hasn't looked at it at all. There is absolutely nothing I can do about it. The good news is that they haven't said "no". Until they do, I just need to go about my everyday life, keep praying for God's will, and focus on the good things around me.

Matthew 6:25 "I say to you, do not be anxious for your life..." It's in GOD'S HANDS...until I have good news to share with you, I'm going to try not to even mention it.

(Keep those prayers going though.)

No comments: