Friday, June 29, 2007

Perseverance

"Persevere: to persist in a state or undertaking in spite of counterinfluences, opposition, or discouragement"

I was reading something about perseverance the other day and what I read has been on my mind since then. First of all, I never really consider myself "persevere-ing". The reason I say that is because I guess in my mind persevering sounds like you are struggling through something really awful and maybe more permanent. I am definitely struggling and sometimes feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. But my struggles are temporary. (If you call 5 years temporary.)

In the reading, the question was asked how we persevere. Do we stand before God screaming "why me?" or do we stand before God humbly and with open hands submittings ourselves to His will?

Please pray for my friend Torrey and his family.

No comments: