Thursday, June 14, 2007

Gift of blessings

People give us gifts and never realize the impact it might have in our lives. I know I have spoken a few times about the little book that Jimi gave me (she's my friend who hired me to work at her mortgage office...friend before boss). Anyway, this book has TRULY been a blessing. On those days when I feel like maybe God is too busy to give me answers, He uses this book to remind me of things I need to be reminded of.

I really have had a hard time coming out of this "slump". I've talked enough about that, just wanted to share what my book reminded me of the last couple of days. I'll paraphrase:

6/13--Life and pain go together...you can't have one without the other...the goal is not to get away from pain, but to endure and win over it...while learning the lessons that only pain can teach us. "Pain is inevitable. Misery is optional. " I have to opt NOT to be miserable...but to continue learning.

6/14--"God's graces sees beyond our deepest need." Whatever it is that I think I NEED...God knows SO MUCH BETTER. How can I feel bad? I just have to say it again, if not this (job, etc.) then there is something that God knows that I don't. I have to trust Him, wait on Him and THANK Him for allowing me to be where He wants me.

No comments: