Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Change

I have never really liked change. Sometimes it feels like everything is changing around me, whether I like it or not.

We're in the midst of moving. My room-mate bought the house next door. So, we aren't moving too far...but it doesn't matter, all the boxes STILL have to be packed and moved. Both houses have to be cleaned, the new one has to be painted amongst other MAJOR repairs that she and her boyfriend are doing.

She's in charge of the new house, I'm in charge of the old house. So, these past couple of days I have been going through boxes that have been sitting in the garage for over a year...trying to deplete them as much as possible. If it's been there a year without use, how important could it be.

So, I'm seeing pictures of Zack as a little boy, and reading cards he wrote to me, papers he did in school...he was so sweet and innocent. In the midst of that sorting I get a call from his Dad. He had just checked Zack's text messages and wanted to read one that he had found that Zack was sending to a girl. OUCH! I wouldn't dream of repeating what it said, needless to say, it was really disappointing. I am not naive. I know what all the other kids are doing. OK, so I am naive...I don't want to believe that my baby talks that way.

He lost his phone privileges for a week (at least) and he and I had a long conversation on the phone. He has also lost some trust and that takes awhile to build back up. I don't want that innocent little boy (the one in the photographs) to be like everyone else.

Being a parent is hard. I don't like change.

No comments: