Monday, July 9, 2007

Pet Peeves

What is a peeve? Thought I would share some of mine with you today.

  • People who wait an extra 10 seconds when the light turns green. Are you waiting for another shade of green?
  • People who are chronically late. Once in a while it can't be helped...but every single time? Come on.
  • Car stereos so loud it vibrates my car. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to hear my music so what makes you think I want to hear yours?
  • People talking on "hand-less" cell phones. I can't begin to tell you how many conversations I have had with people who WEREN'T talking to me! And I'm the one who feels like an idiot!
  • People who feel that it is ok to talk loudly on cell phones in public. Truthfully, I don't want to hear you conversation while I'm eating, shopping, standing in line...turn that thing off and talk to people around you. Are you really so important that someone must be able to reach you at ALL times?
  • Popping gum. I don't need to say more.
  • People who complain all the time. I could be dangerously close to that category myself...but (not naming names here)...2 people very close to me complain about aches and pains ALL THE TIME (I'm not a nurse) and the same 2 people could go to a 4 star restaurant and STILL find something wrong with their meal.
  • People who don't listen. Again, no names...but at least ask me once or twice during the conversation how I am.
  • Saggy pants. I don't want to see anyone's underwear...if they saw themselves on tape would they be able to see that they are walking funny to keep their pants from falling down. Whatever happened to the good old days when you could actually see the outline of a guys "tush"?
  • Saying "and, yeah" in the middle of a sentence. This is a kid thing, like, come on, like does "and, yeah" even fit like in the middle of your sentence? Like, use good grammar already!
Enough for today. What are your pet peeves? (please don't say 'people who have too many pet peeves'.)

No comments: