Monday, July 23, 2007

Wallpaper

So, someone said, "wouldn't it be nice to have to have lovely patterns all over the wall?...maybe some nice mallard ducks" and they invented wallpaper. I want to hurt that person.

The big move is coming. The upstairs of the house (Carol and her boys' rooms, living room, dining room) have all had fresh coats of paint, new carpet, hard wood floors will be in in the next couple of weeks, etc. Zack and I have 2 large rooms in the basement and Carol said we could use whatever left over paint there might be (there's plenty), but she wanted the wall paper to come down first. No problem! She gave me a jug of DIF...wipe it on and peel it off...'you can have it all down in 2 hours'. Well, I DIF-ed and peeled and pulled and scraped for about 8 hours Saturday...2 walls done...2 to go. (My room is going to be painted-over wallpaper...not even gonna go there again.) At about HOUR 4, when I was thinking Zack really could have lived with Noah's Ark, I started praying for a better attitude. I continued praying and thinking as I worked and of course, there really is another life lesson here. (Probably several.)

Thank God for His patience and kindness. Humans come 'wallpapered'...maybe not mallard ducks, maybe gossip or gambling or lying, cheating, stealing...you get where I'm going. I'm sure I have several layers. But God doesn't look at me and say 'just paint over it'...he puts on the goop and starts peeling, and peeling, and peeling, and ... I'm sure you get the point. It's not easy...sometimes the peeling hurts...we don't want to let go of some of our "stuff". Again, God doesn't give up on us. He can see what the final product is going to be. He sees the beauty behind all the years of layering.

No comments: