Thursday, July 19, 2007

Construction

Ok, if you don't know it by now, I can be a negative thinker. Example: My glass is half empty...that's the first thing I notice. I start to take a drink and think, 'wait a minute, I'm supposed to think the glass is half full...not empty'...so I correct myself and am very thankful for what I've just had to drink. Whether it was half full or half empty, the contents were what I needed to quench my thirst. Hmmmmmm.

So, what does that have to do with construction? A few months ago, a small plot of land (across the street from our house) that was covered with weeds and bushes started getting cleared. This did not appear to be a large area, and I couldn't imagine what was going to be built there. Then the construction started. The whole time it's been going up I've watched the progress with wonder and amazement. When it was just a frame, I couldn't see nor make any sense of what the final outcome would be. Well, it turned into a very large, magnificent house. It's really beautiful and again, I remember back to when I wondered what could go on that little plot of land (obviously not as little as I thought).

The point of this illustration? My life is like a construction site...sometimes nothing seems to be fitting where it should...sometimes I look around me and can't figure out what in the world the finished product is going to be.

But, I know the Master Carpenter. He hasn't built a bad house yet. He knows what He is doing. I have to trust Him and follow His directions.

Brings to mind a very old song called "Kids Under Construction"...the only line I can remember from the whole song is "God isn't done with me yet".

Ok God...keep building.

1 comment:

ADW said...

What a sweet post... I am not sure what my construction will end up being, but I like the way you put it..