Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I did a bad thing yesterday. I was thinking negative thoughts. Once I get started, they breed. Maybe it was because it was Monday, maybe because I had a rough weekend...I don't know why, but it grew after I blogged my "pet peeves". I couldn't get my mind off of them...the list kept growing and growing. I finally realized how bad it had gotten when I began wondering how much damage a walker would do to my car if I ran over it (had to do with my pet peeve of people who start walking in the cross walk RIGHT before the light changes).

OK, I really wasn't thinking about running over someone with a walker...just wanted to make a point. That's NOT how God wants us to be. Oh sure, we will all have pet peeves, and people or things that annoy us...but our mind should be dwelling on God and all the good things in life...not the bad things.

So today I will correct what I did yesterday:

THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE:

A baby laughing. That contagious, sounds like they just swallowed a balloon full of helium, belly laughs.
A movie that makes you laugh, cry, and then laugh some more. "Steel Magnolias" comes to mind.
My son (Zack) telling me he loves me.
Getting thanked for something I didn't even know I did.
Flowers, flowers, flowers.
Seeing a ferry cross the Puget Sound, snowcapped mountains in the background.
Music.
Ice Cream. Pralines and Cream, YUM!
The Grand Canyon and Mt. Rainier. And other grand displays of God's handiwork.
Sunshine.
Watching people greet each other at the airport. You don't want to see me watching people say goodbye.
A good cup of coffee. Remember I'm still a transplant to the Pacific Northwest...so I still think Folgers makes
a pretty darn good cup of coffee.
Small surprises.
Making someone happy with a gift.
Old couples still holding hands.
My dog trying to bite waves.
Zack sleeping. Not that I don't love him just as much when he's awake...but when he's asleep I can still
pretend that he's my baby.
Friends.
KNOWING THAT GOD LOVES ME IN SPITE OF MYSELF.


What makes you smile? Do it a lot today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My daughter being goofy.
little kids
our cat stripey
family reunions
flowers
birds on the feeder
my husband tickling my knees
singing praise to our Lord
Jesus
Jesus
Jesus
Friends
these aresome of the things that make me smile.
Thanks for asking. We need to focus on what makes us smile more!
Love ya Tammy