Friday, August 24, 2007

Perfect Ending

On the day I began working here (at the mortgage office), my friend Jimi (owner) gave me a gift. It's "Bedside Blessings" by Charles Swindoll. I never took it home. I just left it here and each morning I made coffee, changed my calendar page and read the daily message. So many days the message has been exactly what I needed to read that day. (Isn't God great?!)

Today is my last day here. Here is a piece of today's reading: "(God promises us hope.) So if you want to smile through your tears, if you want to rejoice through times of suffering, just keep reminding yourself that, as a Christian, what you're going through isn't the end of the story...it's simply the rough journey that leads to the right destination."

How very true! These past years I had that hope to hold on to. I got depressed and discouraged and enraged and sad...yet I always believed that God had a destination for me and I just had to keep believing in what He has promised. That's what made me hold on to my sanity, knowing that God has a plan. (thus the title of my blog)

I'm not "there" yet. I know that. I am going into a new phase of life with my new teaching job...but I'm still a progress in work. (some days not much "work" gets done)

This life is still in the planning stages.

No comments: