Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Countdown

Twelve days until I start being a teacher again. Hallelujah! and pass the biscuits! (That's something my Grandma used to say everytime something good happened.)

I have 6 actual days left here at the mortgage office. It would be 7, but a camping trip has already been planned for this coming weekend. Anyway, it appears that they are going to be 6 VERY LONG DAYS. I'm not complaining...ok, yes I am...but the last two days it has been like a day-care here. I'm all for "bring your kid to work day"...but enough is enough already! The boss (my good friend) has a 13 year old daughter that has been working here all summer. We get along well. She helps me out (not that I have that much to do)...but she has helped with a couple of big things we have done this summer. She also has an "unrequited" crush on my son and has to talk about that at least a couple of times a day. There's another loan officer that brings her 10 year old daughter...so I have 2 of them standing around my desk bickering at each other. (the older can't take too much of the younger just following her around) Then there's the wife of another LO who comes in once in a while. She's been here twice today ( just walked in the door as I'm writing this) . She has one in a stroller and a 4 year old boy. He has the loudest voice I have ever heard come such a little kid. (He also has BIG, GEORGOUS eyes and his name is Romeo.) But I'm grouchy right now, so that's beside the point.

On top of the kiddie factor today, "EX" has had to call me 20 plus times. (He doesn't understand what it means to actually work for a living.) There was the argument about Zack's haircut for school (he wants shorter, I want to find a balance we can all--including Zack, be happy with), then there was the argument about whether or not Zack would come home tonight...and on, and on, and on...the man needs a life. Oh, then he called to get a copy of the our divorce. We got that 4 years ago...WHY would he think I had a copy of it with me at work???? (The crazy thing is, I actually did.) I told him he had a copy, but he insisited that he didn't. I know he does. After he finally got the fax (which he called about another 13 times) he called me again to tell me he already has that paperwork. Duh, Really? Mr. Smart guy didn't know that a "dissolution of marriage" is the same as a divorce. (No wonder we're divorced.)

Don't people understand that I am trying to read blogs!!!! I can't concentrate!

Uh, oh, gotta go...my boss just IM'd me and asked if I could quiet the kids down. (Are you kidding me?)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

-.-

Mim said...

You take care of those kids now, you here. It's all part of the work contract, section 13 (usually, people like making the annoying clauses unlucky numbers)..."and will do any and all other work deemed necessary." It's always there...just not always big enough to read without a magnifying glass.

ADW said...

We used to say... and pass the cornbread, but it's basically the same thing. Except our cornbread had jalepenos in it which was not always a reason for exclaiming hallelujah...