Friday, August 17, 2007

Going camping

I won't be around for a couple of days...we're going camping. We're not really roughing it this time (though I do love the real kind of camping). We're going to a KOA and sleeping in a cabin. Here in the Pacific Northwest, you're never really sure what the weather will be like...we decided not to take the chance this time.

Yesterday I went to the school and picked up some books so that I can start working on lesson plans. If you have never been inside a school during the summer, you shouldn't. There is some major "fixing up" going on at our school this summer. As I walked through the halls and looked around I couldn't imagine that the work will actually be done in 3 weeks...but I know it will. I got to see my classroom. The walls are empty and waiting for my maps and posters...student work, etc. It's an exciting work in progress.

I will be teaching 9th graders (a quarter of Pac.Northwest Hist, a quarter of Geography), 11th graders--US History, 7th graders, US History (I think), and 12th graders--Current World Problems. Second semester I will trade the 9th graders for 12th graders and will teach 12th graders--Civics. Some of you are yawning...I am THRILLED.

OK, still have to pack some clothes and grab the making for s'mores. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

ADW said...

Well, you must have the love camping genes as they have escaped me. I hope you had fun!!!

Paulette Foley said...

ADW, read the next blog...my genes may be dying.