Monday, August 13, 2007

Month of Miracles

I just got off the phone with the principal of the high school where I'm supposed to have an interview tomorrow morning...I had to tell them I wouldn't be there because: I GOT THE JOB!!!!

I will be teaching Social Studies (of all kinds, it seems) at North Sound Christian High School! I just found out at 8:00 am and I am still floating! Thanks to all of you for your prayers and kind thoughts. This has seriously been a long time coming.

Learning is never easy. It's sometimes downright scary. I have been learning my whole life, but seems like God wanted to teach me some particular lessons these past 5 years. The biggest lesson of all is to TRUST HIM...believe that He has a plan and it is my privilege to follow that plan...even when I don't feel like it's going the way I want it to. These past few years when school started and I wasn't teaching, my heart broke each year. Yet, I kept believing (or at least trying hard to) that God had a plan and I just had to be patient and keep praying. If I had taken one of those other jobs, I wouldn't be where I am going to be...in a Christian school with smaller classes, a great supportive staff, and the ability to share my faith. It's also an opportunity for Zack because he will attend school there. I know he will have a much better education because a private school can afford that.

There have been so many more lessons along the way...and many more to come. I thank God for His faithfulness and for the support, love and prayers of my friends and family.

I told you August was going to be a Month of Miracles...can't wait to see what happens next!

3 comments:

Mim said...

I am so excited for you! This is so fantastic! Congratulations!

ADW said...

Congrats to you!!! Totally faboo.

Garrett Frazier said...

Congratulations. Rachel and I will continue to pray as you enter this new and exciting adventure in life.