Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm still here

Sorry all, I have been soooo busy! Obviously I had a lot more time on my hands at the mortgage company.

This week has been a whirlwind and will continue to be such. The school is in the last stages of renovation, so everything is a huge mess. I look at it and once again am amazed at the thought that it will be all done by Tuesday when the kids start filling up the hallways and the classrooms.
My room just happens to be the room where the construction workers store all of their supplies, so I haven't really been able to get up any bulletin boards or decorations yet. Also, the teacher who occupied the room previously must have left in a huge hurry. The desk and all the file cabinets were completely full of stuff. Then another teacher who was retiring had all of his stuff "shipped" to my room...desk, files and about 20 boxes of miscellaneous books. He too, must have left in a hurry because his desk and file cabinets were completely full too. So, I spent Monday and Tuesday hauling trash. Tuesday afternoon I actually got a couple of hours to start filling up my desk and file cabinets and got a dolly and started hauling stuff up and out of there. I have been working hard.

Then I come home in the afternoons and continue working on lesson plans. Since I am teaching 4 different subjects (8th grade US History, 11th grade US History, 9th grade Geography and 12th grade Contemporary World Issues) I have a lot of planning to do. I want to get far enough ahead that I don't feel constantly overwhelmed. The good news is, once I get the original plans done they are good for years to come....just have to tweak a few things here and there.

I wish I could explain to you how much fun I am having. It's hard work and I'm definitely tired when my head hits the pillow...but it's SO MUCH BETTER knowing that I'm where I want to be and doing something that I know I love and am really good at. (I would want me for a teacher anyway.)

Hang in there. My posts may not be as frequent for a while...but I'll get back to it on a regular basis as soon as possible.

2 comments:

ADW said...

Just think of all that new blog material your students will give you. I can't wait.

Mim said...

I can't wait either!

Your comment made me laugh. It makes me feel so special that you thought of me! And during a meeting as well? tsk tsk.

Forgive me if I'm not able to cmment for a while. The wedding will drive me crazy!