Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A 12 Step Program

I'm thinking about starting a 12 step program. I don't think there is one out there for this addiction yet.

Hi, My name's Paulette and I'm a Reality Television-aholic. It started a few years ago during the first season of "Survivor". When I was visiting someone else who was watching it, I thought it was a stupid show. 15 people on an island with no food, electricity, soap, technology, etc. No one will watch that. The next Thursday, I found myself with nothing to do, flipping through the channels and saw it again...so I stopped. That was my first real forray into "reality". I didn't miss an episode after that. Then along came "The Bachelor", "Big Brother", "American Idol", "The Amazing Race", "The Mole", "Dancing With the Stars", "So, You Think You Can Dance"...oh and these are just the shows on the 4 main stations...then there's BRAVO, CMT, The Food Network, etc. Obviously no one has this much time (do they?). Since I got "hooked", I have worn out VCR's and more tapes than I care to count. I sometimes watch one and tape another. I was hysterical two weeks ago when I actually taped the wrong station and MISSED the finale of Survivor: Fiji. (Thank goodness it was shown later on On-Demand). I cry at the finales...sometimes because of the results, but most often because these people will no longer be spending evenings with me. I haven't been to too many concerts of actual stars...but 3 years ago for my birthday I got a trip to Key Arena to see The American Idol Top Ten Tour (mainly to see CLAY AIKEN). It was the thrill of a lifetime. A couple of weeks ago, went with the same friends to see Blake come through Bothell for his home visit.

This week has been up and down emotionally for me...the Bachelor picked Tess. I was happy about that. Apollo Ohno won "DWTS"...I would have been happy if Joey Fatone had won too. And tonight it's either Blake or Jordin. Again, I'll be happy with either one. As "Dancing" was ending last night, I was wondering what I would do with my new free time...then I saw the ad for "So You Think You Can Dance"....I felt somewhat better knowing that one will pick up where the other leaves off.

I need help. I am going to start a program...I just have to find the right night...

:)

1 comment:

Toni said...

i can't belive i found you this way e-mail me a phone# asap toni