Thursday, May 17, 2007

Triple Header

Ok, today you get 3 topics for the price of 1.

"Travesty"

Melinda Doolittle was voted off American Idol last night. She will NOT be in the finals next week. Makes me want to quit watching reality tv...yeah, right.

"Olympic Torch"

I had an Olympic Torch moment yesterday. We live in a house with a big yard. The lawn mower was provided by the landlord...but no trimmer. So, I threw away money a couple of weeks ago. First I went to a yard sale and bought a "bush whacker"...problem is, can't get the very dull blade off to put the string on and the very dull blade doesn't cut the very tall grass and weeds that is now surrounding our yard. So, I bought a much smaller version at Walmart. I know it said for small yards, but I guess I figured grass is grass...even if it is about 2 feet tall and very thick. While Zack mowed yesterday afternoon, I was trimming. Suddenly flames started shooting out of the end of the trimmer. What could I do but hold it over my head and take a lap around the yard?

"The Builder"

Ps. 127:1 "Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain."
I got a call from North Sound yesterday. I have an interview with the interim principal next Tuesday at 3:00. "Father, help me to remember that YOU are the Builder and I am here to follow Your blueprints."

No comments: