Thursday, May 3, 2007

Another "lesson"

I mentioned yesterday that I look for lessons in everyday events (must be the teacher in me). Well, last night Zack and I partook in a very "tasty" lesson. Baskin Robbins was celebrating an anniversary or birthday and scoops of ice cream were being sold for 31 cents each. We both LOVE ice cream, but don't usually get BR because it's cheaper to buy a half gallon of Dairy Gold at the grocery store than a two scooper at BR.

When we arrived at BR the line of people stretched out into the parking lot. Zack's first response was that he didn't want ice cream THAT BAD. I did. We stood in line for around 20 minutes.

The lesson? Jesus is so much better than Baskin Robbins ice cream. He came "that we might have life and have it more abundantly". He gives us eternal life and the chance for a peaceful, joyful existence. He gives us forgiveness and redemption. (and NO CALORIES) If people know that Jesus if FREE...why aren't they standing in line? What is it that I am not showing them?

No comments: