Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The "Speck" in my eye

Call me crazy, but I really do try to get "lessons" from everyday things in my life. For the past two weeks I have had a weepy eye. I think it's allergies, as this is the 2nd or 3rd time I've had this problem. My left eye is red, swollen, itchy and constantly dripping from both corners. Everyone thinks I'm crying. I put makeup on in the morning and by 9:00, I have it only on 1 side of my face. My eye is sore from wiping it. It's very annoying. I want it to stop.

Last week I wrote about judging others...this has been a reminder that I have so much of my own "stuff" to take care of that I really have no time to make the effort to worry about the "stuff" of others.

This morning as I was writing in my journal, again, I was holding a hot towel over my eye to reduce the swelling. I began writing about being part of the "body of Christ". If one part of the body isn't working right, this affects the rest of the body. Seriously, this silly eye has had just such an affect. Last week I wasn't sick, but I just felt miserable most of the week, tired and rundown...I really think it was because of my eye. (It feels better when I am sleeping.) It has affected me emotionally also. I don't want to be around people...it's ugly. Without people, I lose my momentum and joy.

I'm working actively on both of those "lessons" and thanking God for the methods He sometimes uses little irritants to teach me important lessons.

No comments: