Thursday, May 24, 2007

Interview Update Two

As I was leaving the office this morning for my interview, I saw three familiar looking men leaving the building where I work. It was the whole pastoral staff from my church. I stopped to say hi. They knew where I was going as they had already prayed for me this morning. We took that opportunity to pray about the job together. I left feeling even more positive than before...knowing that I and others are praying for God's will in my life.

Well, wish I could tell you that the job is mine. I won't know anything definite until the early part of next week. HOWEVER...I feel in my heart that it is my job. When Mr. Osborn said he would contact me by Tuesday, I'm sure I had a look of surprise and responded "By Tuesday, really?" At that point he said, "Well, you're the only one who has applied for this position." I figure if he didn't like me he would have said that there were still applications coming in and they had to schedule a couple more interviews. And, I won't assume I got the job because they had no other choices. I assume that's God's choice. When you consider the fact that Edmonds School District has over 200 Social Studies application packets (as do many of the other school districts), the fact that only one application came in for this position....well, that's a God thing!

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: